The building that houses Clair's Family Restaurant has had a long and varied past. First built in 1890 by Henry Weaver as a home and a shop to sell his handmade furniture, the building has been home to many varied businesses.
Over the years as well as the H.G.Weaver Furniture Store, the building served as an ice cream shop, the town's eye doctor had his office in the rear of the building, and has also served as the town morgue. For the longest time the building was home to Muhlenberg Sporting Goods Store. Hair Express Hair Salon, Bruce Baer Accounting and Elton Horning Real Estate both occupied the building before Dennis and Donna Ranck opend Ranck's Restaurant here in the early 1990's. In August 1999 the current owners, Clair Stanley and Mike & Dottie Martin took over Ranck's Restaurant and in September 2000, it officially became Clair's Family Restaurant. Early on Clair and Dottie's mother began baking her "made from scratch" Chocolate Cake with peanut butter icing which quickly became a favorite of the customers. Many weekend mornings you will find their father, Don or "Pop" as many of the customers call him, helping out on the register. With many family members helping out, children, sisters, brothers and nieces and nephews, Clair's is a true Family Restuarant.
*Hours are subject to change. Holidays may affect these hours